End of Life
End of Life
Temple Sinai clergy and staff are here to help your family at these difficult and sensitive times. Jewish traditions surrounding death are extremely meaningful. If you are unfamiliar with the traditions, we can help you with information about the funeral, mourning traditions, shiva, unveilings and yahrzeits.Temple Sinai members are also given the option of having the funeral service in our beautiful Zwerin Sanctuary.
Our clergy are also here for congregants when they (or a family member) are nearing end of life as well. Hospital visits and home visits from our clergy are a phone call away. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
What to do when there is a death:
Call Rabbi Rheins immediately at (303)759-1827. If there is no answer, leave a message and then send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will return your call ASAP.
Our Clergy will:
- Help guide you during this very difficult time
- Offer grief counseling to the family
- Meet with the family to create a respectful service that honors the memory of your loved one
- Coordinate and lead shiva services in the mourners’ home
Our Staff will:
- Help the family purchase a burial plot in the Temple Sinai section of Mt. Nebo cemetery
- Send a notice to the Temple Sinai membership informing them of your loss
- Record the deceased’s name on Temple Sinai’s Kaddish and Yizkor lists
- Send you a yahrzeit notice every year when your loved one’s name will be said at services.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email Rabbi Rheins.